We are looking for talented, hard-working people to join the Ballast Point Crew. Below is a list of open positions. Cheers!
Electrical maintenance and electrical additions at our smaller facilities. Adding lights and repairing outlets. Periodic maintenance, the upkeep of electrical parts and components, and assist on electrical projects as needed.
Must have good comprehension of electrical theory;
Knowledge, understanding, and willingness to implement basic safety principles.
Flexibility and ability to quickly change between tasks or jobs.
Experience in: planning, installing, and maintaining all phases of electrical work relating to building construction and equipment repair; Interpreting electrical construction blueprints, electrical schematics, and technical manuals; Using metering and motor testing equipment; advanced comprehension of the NEC; experience in electrical commercial maintenance and upgrades.
Physical ability to lift and carry 50 lbs, use hand tools and power tools, climb ladders, and use scissor lifts and knuckle booms.
To apply to this position, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Automation: To deliver automated development and support for all processing systems at Ballast Point Brewery locations. Work diligently toward completing ongoing expansion projects to keep pace with Ballast Point growth and customer demand.
– Maintain excellent collaboration with operations and maintenance with a primary focus of producing the best in quality, beer and spirits products.
– Work diligently at improving machine efficiencies with the main goals of reducing product waste and maintaining our superb product quality.
– Explore and identify new process methods and ideas to optimize existing processes that will improve our quality, efficiency, yields, cycle times, or margins.
– Education: Seek opportunities for career development that will have exceptional payback for Ballast Point’s growth and quality goals.
– Proficient knowledge of PLC platforms including but not limited to: Siemens, Idec, Allen Bradley. Vast programming experience with platforms needed.
– Proficient knowledge of HMI platforms including but not limited to: Siemens, Idec, Allen Bradley. Vast programming experience with these platforms needed.
– Understanding of PLC inputs and outputs including: 4-20ma analog inputs/outputs, 24VDC digital inputs/outputs, Modbus RS485 serial communication, Modbus TCP/IP communication, high speed encoder inputs.
– Understanding of various types of sensors and transmitters including: RTD temp transmitters, flow magmeters, pressure transducers, linear position transmitters, dissolved oxygen transmitters, capacitive empty pipe sensors, load cell transmitters, proximity switches, conductivity transmitters, flow switches.
– Understanding of various types of electrical and electronic components including: motor starters, VFDs, DC power supplies, control transformers, dry contact relays, safety relays.
– Understanding of DC and AC theories of electricity.
– Working knowledge of 24VDC, 480VAC, 208VAC, and 120VAC.
– Understanding of Process and Instrumentation Diagrams, and associated symbols.
– Hard working, enthusiastic attitude and willingness to work with team members.
– High school degree required.
– College degree in electrical or electronic engineering is preferred.
To apply to this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Keithb@ballastpoint.com
Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits is now hiring a Director of Process Engineering to lead our ongoing process improvement efforts and help support the execution of new projects at our various production breweries. We are looking for a talented, hard-working, engineering leader who is bright and, among other things, enjoys developing creative solutions to complex problems in a collaborative environment. This position reports directly to our V.P. of Facilities and Engineering.
This position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
– Provide day to day leadership, mentoring, and technical guidance to the Process Engineering team.
– Prioritize and assign process engineering and improvement projects to the team and manage for effectiveness of project planning, execution and completion
– Lead our efforts to analyze and interpret process and manufacturing data to identify opportunities for brewery improvement projects, process changes, and new technologies that help achieve increased productivity, reduced product loses, enhanced manufacturing flexibility and capacity, improved product quality, safer operations, and improved environmental compliance.
– Support our efforts to actively seeks out best manufacturing practices through internal and external benchmarking.
– Provide expert technical engineering support and leadership to brewery personnel on brewing, packaging, material handling, cleaning, and processing operations – including troubleshooting equipment and process problems encountered during production
– Lead the development and implementation of projects which drive continuous improvement across all aspects of the manufacturing process
– Facilitate cross department collaboration with Maintenance, Engineering, Quality, Brewing, and Operations teams so that projects are identified and prioritized appropriately and executed successfully in a fun positive environment
Ideal candidate qualifications:
– Engineering degree – with a solid understating of the engineering principles and design considerations for various brewery equipment and processes including: tanks, pumps, valves, hydraulics, motors, VFDs, heat exchangers, refrigeration systems/chillers, boilers, high speed packaging equipment, instrumentation (temperature, pressure, flow, conductivity), waste treatment systems, filtration, and water purification systems
– Must be highly motivated, proactive, and willing to take on new challenges
– 10-15 years of plant manufacturing and process engineering experience (production brewery experience highly preferred)
– Strong leadership and people management capabilities with cross-functional organizational effectiveness
– Ability to learn new processes quickly
– Understanding of and experience with DMAIC and improvement methodologies
– Proven problem solving skills
– Experience in successfully leading and facilitating improvement projects and studies
This position is based in San Diego, CA and will require occasional travel to our Daleville Virginia Brewery.
To apply to this position, please send your resume to EngineeringJobs@Ballastpoint.com
Facilities is now hiring a Facilities Technician to support our continued expansion and ongoing equipment maintenance. We are looking for a talented, dynamic person, who is self- motivated and can support our growing brewery operations and be an integral part of our team.
– Maintaining equipment throughout our locations in a timely and efficient manner
– Working with all departments to provide repairs and improvements to new/existing equipment
– Work within time constraints to install and repair any and all equipment with little to no supervision
– Maintain a clean and safe working environment during and after all projects
– Experience in the industrial maintenance field and is capable of troubleshooting and repairing all types of equipment with minimal supervision.
To apply to this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our Long Beach Tasting Room team.
Requirements include but are not limited to:
– Solid Customer Service skills and abilities are a must.
– A minimum of 6 months restaurant and customer service related work experience.
– Team player that possess a “can do “attitude.
– Nights, Weekends, and Holidays are a must
– Ability to deal with difficult decisions as they arise and to resolve matters in an appropriate and effective manner.
– Some heavy lifting may be required.
– Previous high volume kitchen experience is necessary
culinary school trained preferred
– Able to work on feet 8 hours daily
– Knowledge of knife skills, safety & sanitation
food handlers card certification
– Have a passion for all things Ballast Point.
If you are interested please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Potential applicants must have 2-3 year of fine dining Sous Chef experience along with superior culinary skills. Qualified candidates will have a history that has demonstrated expertise in: cost control with both food and labor, consistent product quality and staff leadership. This position requires a hands-on approach working with the kitchen staff. Must possess the ability to teach, coach, encourage, and mentor others.
-Product quality control, including presentation
– Product inventory and ordering
– Adjust and maintain order pars as needed
– Adjust and maintain prep pars
– Train and effectively manage kitchen staff in a manner that helps boost morale and provides guidance before discipline
– Ensure consistency of recipe execution
– Waste tracking and management
– Ensure food safety and sanitation guidelines are enforced, and taught when necessary.
– Maintain cleanliness of all BOH areas and equipment
– Analyze product costs and trends to suggest changes that would be profitable while adhering to guest demand while not sacrificing quality
– Perform all BOH crew duties as needed including prep and supportive work, butchery and working all line stations and expediting
– Experience with high volume
– Desire to grow through demonstrated performance
– Basic knowledge of food and labor costing
– Flexible schedule
– Ability to multi task, problem solve and work well under pressure
– Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
– Understanding of safety and sanitation principals
– Able to identify problems and opportunities, create an action plan and effectively implement change.
– Must have a positive attitude, good people skills (with superiors, subordinates, purveyors and guests) and be a team player.
– Able to speak, read and write English (bi-lingual a plus)
– Basic physical requirements including standing for long periods, ability to work in high temperature, push, pull, lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Please respond via E-mail with attached updated resume to TimH@ballastpoint.com for Long Beach and JosephR@ballastpoint.com for Miramar.
We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our Miramar Tasting Room team.
– Full time 40 hours, AM, PM & weekends
– Full health benefits
– Matched 401 K plan
– Employee Stock Purchasing
The ideal candidate for this position would possess:
– Previous high volume kitchen experience is necessary
– culinary school trained preferred
– able to work on feet 8 hours daily
– lift 50 lbs.
– knowledge of knife skills, safety & sanitation
– food handlers card certification
– reliable transportation
– must be 21 years of age or older
Please apply in person with an updated resume, avoiding obvious busy service times or email email@example.com.
Are you 21 years old,